Capita’s National City Deals Conference: Unlocking the economic potential of UK cities
When: Monday 15th July 2013
- Lord Shipley, Adviser to the Minister for Cities, Cities Policy Unit
- Laurence Rockey, Programme Manager, Cities Policy Unit, Cabinet Office
- Chair: Neil McInroy, Chief Executive, Centre for Local Economic Strategies
- Philip Cox, Director, Local Economies, Regeneration and European Programmes, Department for Communities and Local Government
- James Newman, Chairman, Sheffield City Region Local Enterprise Partnership Board
Capita’s National City Deals Conference explores the Government’s commitment to give cities the powers and tools they need to drive economic growth at a local level. With the Government’s devolution of power to city authorities and a total of 28 City Deals having been approved so far, this is the ideal opportunity for cities to take control of the unique economic opportunities and challenges they face.
Attend to hear from leading stakeholders and to learn from the experiences of Wave 1 City Deals about how to overcome key obstacles to success, learning how to unlock projects and initiatives that will boost local economiesand deliver a step change in governance arrangements.
More information including details of how to book can be found on the Capita website.
Contact: Alex Esson on firstname.lastname@example.org
A small number of places are available for CLES members with a 20% discount. Please contact Laura Symonds to book a place- email@example.com