Devolution and community wealth
Labour Party Conference Fringe:
Community wealth building panel discussion and Q&A
Hilton Liverpool: Albert 3 (outside the secure zone)
The event will explore the role that mayoralties and the devolved nations are taking in addressing the major challenges facing their economies, by sharing examples of community wealth building approaches.
The chair will open the session with reflections on the potential role for devolved nations and regions in developing more progressive approaches to economic development and how community wealth building can address the economic and social inequalities we now face. Each panellist will then be invited to respond, and this will be followed by a panel discussion and audience Q&A.
- Jonny Ball, Special Projects Writer, The New Statesman (chair)
- Lisa Nandy MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Communities & Local Government (invited)
- Jamie Driscoll, Mayor, North of Tyne Combined Authority
- Janette Williamson, Deputy Metro Mayor, Liverpool City Region and Leader of Wirral Council
- Tom Lloyd Goodwin, Director of Policy and Practice, CLES
- Rokhsana Fiaz, Mayor, Newham