GM Cohesion Summit
Audacious Church – Manchester, Trinity Way, Manchester, M3 7BD
In July 2018, the Mayor of Greater Manchester Launched ‘A Shared Future’, a report resulting from the Social Cohesion commission set up in the aftermath of the terror attacks on the city of Manchester in May 2017. The report pledged to host an annual summit – this year will see the first event. The “Greater Manchester Cohesion Summit” takes place on 11 July hosted by Manchester Community Central.
The event will bring political leaders, policy makers, practitioners and members from across civil society together to:
• Reflect on progress made in our city region on these themes – including workshops from across the whole city region
• Hear keynotes and inputs from thought leaders and academics from across the UK and Greater Manchester – confirmed speakers include:
– Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester
– Hardip Beghol, Director of MHCLG
– Harvey Redgrave, Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
– Professor Hilary Pilkington, University of Manchester
– Diane Van Der Glassen, City of Rotterdam.
– Neil McInroy, CLES CEO
• Reflect on emerging themes and trends influencing the challenges facing our communities (polarisation in a ‘post-Brexit’ world, the rise of the far right, managing migration and more)
• Policy panels and roundtable discussions to explore challenges and propose solutions
Neil McInroy CLES CEO joins the panel entitled How do we make our communities ‘cohesive’? Challenge 2030 which takes place between 2-3.45pm.
For further information and to register for your free place, visit here