Growing the New Economy
This national convention for 300 people will bring together an exciting mix of key decision makers from local authorities, health and other local public institutions, leaders of co-operatives and social enterprises with funders and investors to explore how the social economy can play a much more central role in the economic and community wellbeing of places across the country.
Participants will explore key learning and experience about what has worked in different places, and shape a future vision for place-based, co-operative and social enterprise innovation, supporting clear, viable alternatives to the traditional economic models and policies that have failed to serve people and communities in so many parts of the UK.
Drawing on the experience from the growing Community Wealth Building movement, this convention will explore how co-operatives and social enterprises can support inclusive economic growth as part of a wider move to “reset the dial on local economic development”.
Plenary session speakers/contributors will include:
- Lord Victor Adebowale – CEO, Turning Point & Chair, Social Enterprise UK
- Vidhya Alakeson – CEO, Power to Change
- Sacha Bedding – CEO, The Wharton Trust
- Cllr. Sean Fielding – Leader, Oldham Council
- Paul Gerrard – Policy & Campaigns Director, Co-op Group
- Peter Holbrook – CEO, Social Enterprise UK
- Rachel Laurence – Director of Programmes & Practice, New Economics Foundation
- Ed Mayo – CEO, Co-operatives UK
- Neil McInroy – Chief Executive, CLES
- Fay Selvan – CEO, Big Life
- Carolyn Wilkins – CEO, Oldham Council
- Karin Woodley – CEO, Cambridge House
To find out more click here.