New Start event: Creating a 21st Century Commons
When: 19th September 11.00 – 16.00
Where: MERCi, Bridge Mill 5, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 7HR.
Can we create a ’21st Century Commons’ that delivers social, economic and environmental benefits to communities?
The event will:
- Introduce recent research into the community management of land.
- Illustrate current practice and issues using short case studies and lightening talks – including an “open mic” for practitioners.
- Explore what needs to change in order to enable greater community management of environmental assets.
In the beautiful sustainable surroundings of Bridge Mill 5, we will introduce and debate current practice with regard to community management of land. We will explore the people, money and knowledge that need to be brought together to create a change in how we manage our environmental assets.
You should attend if you are:
- A community or social enterprise, or support organisation, involved in land or asset management.
- A landowner or local authority officer, director or councillor with an interest in environmental management, regeneration or land and asset management.
Cost: £35 (FREE for unfunded voluntary organisations and for New Start/CLES members).
For more info and to book a place sign up here.