People’s Powerhouse Convention
Northern Commercials Stadium, Bradford City FC
“The People’s Powerhouse is a movement which exists to shape the debate around the Northern Powerhouse, to ensure that people and communities are at the heart of the Powerhouse plans, not the periphery!
Attend the upcoming convention on Tuesday 20th November, which will be taking place in Bradford, if you want to be a part of our mission. We want to bring people together for meaningful dialogue and sharing, be they practitioners, policy makers, opinion formers, young people, businesses, MPs or community groups. We believe that by sharing together, understanding the issues, finding solutions and celebrating the great things that are already happening, that better lives for all of us in the North can be achieved.
If you feel like you have more to share why not consider running one of the workshops on the day? Your contribution can be either something you are already doing which is working brilliantly, and which you want more people to know about, or it could be a new and untested idea or ‘hunch’, a theory or provocation. Offers to us can include challenge questions, ideas, case studies, solutions, research and or policy updates relevant to this agenda, but must be topical, real, current and interesting to a wide range of people.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Edna Robinson, Chairman, People’s Powerhouse (also Big Life Group, Trafford Housing Trust)
- Susan Hinchcliffe, Leader Bradford Council and chair of West Yorkshire Combined Authority
- Nazir Afzal OBE, former Chief Crown Prosecutor
- Neil McInroy, Chief Executive, CLES
- Tony Walsh (Longfella) will be joining us on the day as our Poet In Residence – and there will be delegate involvement!