A thriving future for our highstreets
The Grand: Pavilion (outside secure zone)
Growing community businesses, nurturing community wealth
CLES and Common Wealth, supported by Power to Change
At this critical moment in our Covid-19 recovery phase, this event will discuss the future of the high street, in order to help policymakers and civil society better understand – and centre – the needs and potential of community business in the future.
Speakers will provide a short contribution to the debate from their perspective, before the chair hosts an open Q&A session with the audience. Each of the speakers will provide one minute closing remarks to set out their visions for the future of the high street.
- Sarah Longlands, Chief Executive, CLES (chair)
- Andy Burnham, Mayor, Greater Manchester
- Hannah Sloggett, Co-Director, Nudge Community Builders
- Miriam Brett, Director of Research and Advocacy, Common Wealth
- Cllr Asima Shaikh, Cabinet Member for Inclusive Economy & Jobs, Islington Council