CLES Summit 2011: Making places better Day 1
OUTLINE PROGRAMME To see detailed programme click here
Tuesday 12th July
09:00 Registration and refreshments
10:00 Chair’s opening remarks
10:15 Opening Plenary: The challenges for better places
11:30 Workshops: The challenge of current policy
1. Welfare reform: A challenging programme of work
2. Will growth happen? Local Enterprise Partnerships and Enterprise Zones
3. Big society or big baloney?
4. Wellbeing and health: What are the opportunities for regeneration and the economy?
5. Neighbourhood planning: A new tool to shape local development
14:00 Workshops: Funding and investing in resilient places
1. Funding and finance in a challenging context
2. Taking a fresh look at procurement: Using the resources we do have
3. What is the future role of housing in regeneration?
4. Commissioning and collaborating: New opportunities in the community and voluntary sector
5. Regional Growth Fund: Can we create sustainable jobs for the future?
6. The sustainable transport debate, a viable strategy for the future?
15:40 Closing plenary: Alternative visions for places in the future
16:30 Close of day 1