The Future of Public Services: Restoring public values with new models of ownership
Hall 2, Room 1, ACC, Liverpool, Kings Dock, Liverpool Waterfront, L3 4FP
Public services are fighting a losing battle. A decade of austerity, alongside aggressive and ideological marketisation, has eviscerated the welfare state and eroded the idea of public service and public value. A weakened social safety net is being put under further strain by rising levels of need and demand, with the prevailing agenda hindering the ability to improve lives and advance social justice.
It’s time to welcome a new era for public services, to reject austerity, self-defeating outsourcing and a blanket move to insourcing and to restore public values and ownership. This event seeks to debate and explore the opportunity for a new progressive era for public services.
Join our ‘Question Time’ style panel debate with:
- Paul Mason, Writer and Broadcaster (Chair)
- Rt Hon John McDonnell MP, Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer
- Jim McMahon MP, Shadow Minister (Housing, Communities and Local Government) (Devolution)
- Lisa Nandy MP, Former Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change
- Neil McInroy, Chief Executive, Centre for Local Economic Strategies (CLES)
- Rokhsana Fiaz OBE, Mayor of Newham
Please note that this event will be taking place within the official conference zone and attendees will require a conference pass to access the venue.
Refreshments will be served.
This venue is wheelchair accessible.
CLES will also be hosting a fringe event on Local Wealth Building.