Britain in 2030 Conference
CLES Senior Researcher Victoria Bettany will take part in a panel discussion on ‘devolution as a way towards prosperity’ at Exploring Economics’ Britain in 2030 conference on Tuesday 4th June.
This year’s conference will deal with the challenges that Britain and the world face in 2019, and also look at the solutions needed in order to create a prosperous Britain in 2030. There will be a full day of learning across 16 talks, workshops, and development sessions that will delve into topics including Climate Change, the NHS, Housing, the Role of Technology in the 21st Century, Inequality and Devolution.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Bloomberg Economics Editor Stephanie Flanders,
- FT Economics Editor Chris Giles,
- IFG Chief Economist Gemma Tetlow,
- Chief Executive at the New Economics Foundation Miatta Fahnbulleh,
- Economics Commentator at the The New Statesman Grace Blakeley,
- Professor of Economics and Economic History at the University of Warwick Nicholas Crafts,
- Chief Economic Adviser at HM Treasury, Clare Lombardelli.
Read Victoria’s briefing, Devolution: Beyond the rhetoric, here.