RR4: Rethinking Worklessness Research on the Welfare Reform Green Paper
The purpose of this Rapid Research is to briefly explore the proposals outlined in the Government’s recent Green Paper, A New Deal for Welfare, and to unpack what these reforms will mean for new Incapacity Benefit claimants and those working in Regeneration and Economic Development.
To do this, this Rapid Research will:
- Examine the purpose of the Green Paper and why reform is needed;
- Examine current interventions in place to increase employment opportunities;
- Assess some of the challenges of the current welfare system that the Green Paper needs to address;
- To describe the five core proposals to tackle Incapacity Benefit in more detail and assess Regeneration practitioners viewpoints on these proposals;
- To assess any wider issues that Regeneration practitioners believe the Green Paper could and should be considering in the reform of Incapacity Benefit.